This workshop is focussed on developing report writing skills.
It explores the role and responsibility of investigation leads, the key features of effective investigation reports, and predictable pitfalls in the acceptability of an serious incident report.
Delegates to invite
This workshop benefits staff who participate in investigations and are tasked with writing serious incident reports and complaint reports/responses.
Key features of the workshop
- The purpose of an investigation report
- An effective framework and report template
- Evidence base – defendability
- Clarity regarding where standards were met, where they lapsed and with what magnitude
- Maintaining an objective style
- Writing a conclusion
- Writing for the family – and addressing the family’s concerns